This week is nuts. Like…certifiably. Especially my food, which for the last 4 days has been egg muffins, Thai sausages (see below!), and chunks of this pork shoulder I threw in the crockpot on Saturday:
…and as soon as this baby runs out I’m probably going to subsist on eggs and sausage until Friday night at the rehearsal dinner. Sad, I know. However, there’s a handful of fun stuff I’ve been obsessing over lately I thought I’d share with you. Probably the Bridezilla in me taking over every aspect of my life, but I’ve been making a lot of lists lately…
1. Thai sausage. Holy hell, these are good. I’ve been getting them at the Wheatsville Co-op in Austin, but I can’t find anywhere that carries them in Colorado. I might have a meltdown. There may very well be a few dozen kilos of these babies in the car when I head back up next week.
2. Roast Brussels sprouts with eggs. Just do it. Cut them in half, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt, then roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with runny eggs. The yolks get soaked up in the insides of the sprouts and…just OMG.
3. Lettuce wraps. So easy and great on the go. My respective road trips to and from Colorado and Galveston were fueled by a metric ass ton of them. I’m especially addicted to Applegate Farms Herbed Roast Turkey with avocado slices and mayo. LOTS of mayo…
4. Instagram. I finally jumped on the bandwagon and, while I still think it’s a royal pain in the ass to take one photo at a time and I haven’t figured out if you can even zoom in or out, I think it might add a little zest to some photos for the blog. At lease until I can afford a fancy-schmancy camera…
5. STEAK. I got these gorgeous grass-fed ribeyes up in C-Springs and we had a great celebratory dinner the night before we left. I want more. Like, every day for the rest of my life.
6. Vital Farms eggs. They’re Austin locals but I found them in Colorado, too. I’m on the lookout for CO eggs because closer is better, but it’s good to have and old standby
7. One-dish meals. If you don’t feel like busting out the crockpot, just throw together some meatballs and add veggies to the baking dish. Or just bake any protein with veggies. Easy.
8. “Snapper Bristol.” Holy hell this was good…Ross and I both ordered it at a nice little place in Galveston: grilled snapper, shrimp, and scallops smothered in Hollandaise.
9. Avocado muffins. I’m tweaking the recipe and will throw it up as soon as I get a fracking minute to bake something, but I’m so super proud of them. 21DSD approved!
10. These two.