I was feeling another 30-minute meal. I hope you won’t complain.
Ever seen those slow cooker recipes that are just meat with a bottle of barbecue sauce and a jar of jelly? This is kind of like that but wayyyyyyyy less waiting involved. All you need is a batch of my Sugar Free BBQ Sauce and a jar of clean jelly. I found this brand at my Whole Foods and was thrilled to see that it’s perfectly crap-free. Paleo win.
Ingredients? Apricots, apple juice, pectin, and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Not too shabby.
An added bonus is the leftover sauce you get once the chicken gets eaten. It’s positively addictive and goes so well on….everything. Do yourself a favor and make a little extra
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 6 oz (1 can) tomato paste
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c water
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t paprika
- ½ t dried mustard
- ½ c coconut amines
- ¼ t allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-9 oz jar apricot jelly (check the label to ensure cleanliness)
- Heat a little oil over medium high heat in a high sided skillet.
- Add the drumsticks and cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- While the drumsticks are cooking, whisk together the remaining ingredients for your sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and rotate the drumsticks so they are coated.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover the pan, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.