Despite the fact that I took a flying leap off the Workout Wagon a few months ago, I am still completely capable of making “healthy” decisions.
Even if said “healthy” decisions need to be dressed up like not-so-healthy ones.
Which is why my bowl of oatmeal with a side of eggs and plain Chobani now comes in a new and improved, almost unrecognizable, pancake variety.
It’s almost like oats, eggs, and yogurt are the discount store brand down the street…no frills but much more efficient and, in the end, the same damn thing as the much flashier, high maintenance but totally irresistible pancakes you’d see on the cover of a magazine or something.
I know. I’m such a sellout.
But, seriously, anything in pancake form will always win.
I mean, sure, the old oats/yogurt/eggs combo has that whole stylishly-apathetic-yet-retro-chic thing going on. Buuuuut these are basically dessert at breakfast and dessert is always a good idea.
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c strawberry Greek yogurt*
- 2 eggs or 1/2 c liquid egg whites
- 1 T cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Whip on high speed until smooth.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and melt some butter or coconut oil to coat.
- Cook pancakes for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with fruit, butter, and maple syrup.
*Any flavor of Greek yogurt will do! Feel free to mix and match.