Between moving back close to extended family and old friends and being back in school, this summer has turned into Social Event Overload. Which is a good thing for boring people like me because I now have a chance to do something with my weekends other than watch Game of Thrones marathons and stuff my facehole with bags of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks. (Toss ‘em in a mug with some almond butter and put it in the microwave for 25 seconds and they’re even better…in case you were wondering). Oh, no…now my weekends are all booked with BBQ’s and coffee dates and potlucks and impromptu drinking parties. I never realized how lonely my so-called “adult life” had been until I got here and realized that, oh yeah…summer is *supposed* to be all about this kind of stuff.
But I’m also reveling in the fact that I now have a billion new excuses to cook for people. And by that I mean bake for people. You can’t have a BBQ without cookies! These in particular were my contribution to a family picnic at my folks’ place last weekend. A few of my cousins and now my aunt have done the Whole30 and have begun to dabble in all this Paleo biz, so I wanted to make sure I brought a plethora of Paleo goodies. The sweet tooth in our family is a force to be reckoned with.
These cookies are perfect for the summer since they’re really not too rich or too heavy…they actually remind me of little peanut butter and banana sandwiches. But you know, with almond butter. Feel free to fill them with any nut butter, too…I think next time I’ll use Cacao Bliss and make little reverse-Oreo dealies. Any excuse to devour that stuff by the spoonful is welcome. Or you can choose to use no filling at all…they’re great on their own, too. Not to name any names, but the first half batch kinda…disappeared…before I could frost ‘em. Oops.
- 3 c Almond Meal
- 1/2 c Almond Butter
- 1/4 c Honey
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Salt
- 3/4 c Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 c Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- More Almond Butter, for filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Beat until smooth, then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookies sheet and flatten with the base of a spoon. The cookies ought to be “silver dollar” sized.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Coolcompletely, then spread almond butter over the tops of one half of the cookies, then top with the other half to make little sandwiches.
Pingback: 50 Paleo Cookies Recipes Galore!