I may or may not have posted this recipe before. But this one is a weeeee bit different, I swear, but still a fun riff on hot wings. At least my photography skillz are moving beyond toddler-level. You guys weren’t exactly loving the pig’s feet when I made posted my recipe, but pleasepleaseplease trust me that pig tails are a helluva lot better and less weird to eat. Pinky swear.
One thing I did differently this time was indulge my obsession with Tessemae’s and use this sauce instead of making my own. I guess I was making up for the fact that I completely re-did the brine…but this batch was infinitely better and more tender and juicy.
Crispy Roasted Pig Tails
- 2 lbs Pig Tails
- 1 c Tessemae’s Hot Wing Sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
- For the Brine:
- 6 c Water
- 2 Lemons, Quartered
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 T Black Pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the brine and pour over the pig tails. Allow to sit for 12-24 hours. This is an essential step to ensure the meat is tender.
- Drain the pig tails and marinate in the hot sauce for at lease one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange pig tails on a greased baking sheet and brush with additional sauce. Bake for 30 minutes. With tongs, flip each pig tail and brush with more sauce. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
Pingback: Fall Pig Roasts by Green Pig Bistro -Chris Abraham