Score one for three…THREE…ingredient recipes. Especially ones where you just toss and bake.
Well…not counting the pesto, but that’s super easy and I made a HUGE batch a little while ago after my awesome mother gave me a giant bouquet of fresh basil. I miss living in the country sometimes…we always had an awesome vegetable and herb garden but somehow with all the kids out of the house, Mom is pretty much running a farm these days. Having me living close by gives her a convenient way to pawn off the surplus, and I’m not complaining one bit!
- 1 lb Chicken Sausage Links, sliced
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 c Fresh Basil
- 1/3 c Pine Nuts
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 t Sea Salt
- 3/4 c Olive Oil (can be more or less to achieve desired thickness)
- Combine the sausage and sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt until fine.
- Add the olive oil a little at a time (if you’ve got a food processor with one of those openings in the top, drizzle it in while the power is on as you would for mayonnaise) and pulse until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Add the pesto to the sausage and sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are a little brown and the dish is super-fragrant.