Well, if you can get over the fact that these pictures are a total mess, I have a feeling you’ll be pretty excited.
“Sweet Sriracha Dynamite” is actually stolen from my old friend, Pizza Hut. They’ve got all kinds of wacked out flavors coming out and that was one of them–it’s kind of a trashed up Hawaiian pizza. And I’m all about making trashed up pizza.
Buuuut this time I opted for something a little less…junk food-y. Thanksgiving is less than a week away and my birthday (the one day a year when calories don’t count) is this week, too…so I figure it’s better to front load the healthy stuff. Yay!
Except you’d never know that this wasn’t a big, fat, plate of takeout. It’s got the sweet, the salty, the spicy, and a sauce that made me want to weep tears of joy. May also have been the sriracha.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 4 thick slices bacon, cut into lardons
- 1-2 T coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 c pineapple chunks (if using canned, make sure to drain any liquid)
- 2-3 T apple cider vinegar
- sriracha (as much as you want!)
- salt to taste
- Over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet and set aside, leaving the drippings behind.
- Add the 1-2 T coconut oil to the pan and add the garlic and jalapenos.
- Once the garlic is browned, turn heat down to medium and add the chicken.
- When the chicken pieces are about cooked through, add the pineapple and vinegar. Toss everything to coat.
- Add a few squirts of sriracha, tossing everything to coat.
- Turn heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.