I eat a lot of pancakes. Like….a whooooollllleeeee heck of a lot. And I’m always searching for that something special, and for the longest time, I thought I had it. Yeah, well…I guess you could say I left my old flame for a younger, fresher, fluffier batch.
I owe 99.99999% of the credit for this recipe to Rose–a hell of a lady who happens to be training for another figure competition this fall. I mean, I did make a few changes that may or may not have been unintentional. Whatevs.
Even though I’ve hung up my heels (for now…) to focus on school, I like to live vicariously through her. She’s got some great recipes (try the taco salad…NOW) and workouts that make me want to cry. You know, the good kind of crying that we gym sadists live for.
Anyhoo, these pancakes make a great, filling breakfast and seriously taste like birthday cake. Lovelovelove them.
**You can use any kind of protein you want (I prefer whey), but just add another 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk if you use casein or rice protein or any kind that tends to get super thick.
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (whey, casein, pea, rice, whatever…see note)**
- 3 eggs
- 1/4-1/3 c almond or coconut milk
- Whisk all the ingredients together until no lumps remain.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat and add some coconut oil
- Drop the batter by 1/3-cup fulls onto the skillet.
- Cook for about 2-ish mins per side, until golden, then flip.
- Bon apetit!