The second worst decision I have ever made was to install the Amazon app on both my phone and iPad. The first worst (??) was to sign up for one click ordering.
Forget drunk dialing, you guys…drunk Amazon-ing is the effing worst. There’s nothing quite like the bizarre mix of of anticipation and dread that comes when a box appears on the front porch you have no recollection of ordering.
My husband orders a lot of books and video games. Like, the kind that scream greasy-haired pre-teen with a rattail and a necklace with a dragon claw holding a crystal ball. But at least he’s predictable.
Me?? I don’t even know.
Like, a pint of (dark) beer got me a . To be fair, I did actually need it…just maybe not one so bodacious. Except I actually kind of love it now, so obviously a pint of beer enhances my decision making skills.
Two (12 oz) beers bought me a bag of .
Two glasses of wine got me the . And some . Yes, I am a cheap date.
Three glasses of wine got me (which I actually love), but also this …for my cat.
And then…some combination of what I can only assume was 151, fake absinthe, and rubbing alcohol got me these clip-on , these , and these all at once. I guess drunk me is a really noncommittal hipster.
Which is why I have to turn to things like, you know, cupcakes to divert attention away from whatever’s going on up there.
But sober or not, cupcakes are always a good idea. In fact, these are a riff on a Paleo favorite of mine that just kills it every time. If you’re looking to go 100% Paleo, nix the brown sugar for palm sugar or honey and frost with something that isn’t peanut butter (like sunflower seed butter…or this frosting).
Rich, decadent Paleo brown sugar chocolate sweet potato cupcakes with (not quite Paleo) peanut butter buttercream.
- 2 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 c brown sugar (or palm sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c sweet potato puree
- 1/2 c almond or coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c butter
- 2 c peanut butter chips (like Reese's)
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Melt the butter and add the chocolate chips, whisking until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with the sweet potato, milk, vanilla, and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the peanut butter chips. Stir until all of the chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat until fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes.
**If you want these to be 100% Paleo, nix the peanut butter chips and use regular gluten, dairy, and soy free chocolate chips. If you want a flavor similar to peanut butter, then frost with sunflower seed butter!